Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 06/11 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

11-Jun 2 Kings 21-22, Luke 9-10, Psalms 56-60, Proverbs 11

2 Kings 21:1-6 (NIV) 1 Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. His mother's name was Hephzibah. 2 He did evil in the eyes of the Lord, following the detestable practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites. 3 He rebuilt the high places his father Hezekiah had destroyed; he also erected altars to Baal and made an Asherah pole, as Ahab king of Israel had done. He bowed down to all the starry hosts and worshiped them. 4 He built altars in the temple of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, "In Jerusalem I will put my Name." 5 In both courts of the temple of the Lord, he built altars to all the starry hosts. 6 He sacrificed his own son in the fire, practiced sorcery and divination, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Wicked King Manasseh is living proof that sometimes your sons don't follow in your footsteps.  As a matter of fact, sometimes the family demons will jump over a generation and then re-attack once again.  King Manasseh became just like his grandfather Ahaz and did everything (and more) that his grandfather had done to provoke the Lord to anger. He even murdered his own son on the altars of Molech. Now that's commitment to darkness!  What an idiot.

I want to write this morning as a father of teen children.  I had this discussion with them just a few weeks ago, so it's fresh in my memory.  I talked to them about the Bible command to PUT NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH OF MAN.  Trust God, but don't trust the arm of flesh.  And we must realize that if it weren't for the cleansing, life changing, saving blood of Jesus Christ permeating our lives and literally changing our DNA status, none of us would be qualified to come before God and even offer a prayer.  It's because of HIM that I live, and move, and have my being.  And only IN HIM and BY HIM can I boast of any special life, power, salvation, and eternal life.  I can put no confidence in my flesh or own abilities.

I also told my children about our family lineage weaknesses.  When you look up my family line, there's not alot to look at.  Controllers, manipulators, prison inmates, hobos, and basically every form of rebel rousing that you can think of.  But, that's what the sinful nature is famous for, right?  I took my children up their Momma's family tree and showed them a great resistance to following God, alcoholism, drug addiction, and general resistance.  Again, the sinful nature.  Well, Daniel and Tracy Daves came together and created two wonderful children with a family history.  And this history MUST be respected because it's genetically theirs by default.  These are generational, family weaknesses that they may find themselves struggling against.  Indeed, we parents see them struggle with some of these issues as teens already.  BUT . . .

There is an answer and great hope that we must put in ourselves and our children.  God commands us to PUT NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR FLESH, and He also commands to KNOW NO MAN AFTER THE FLESH.  The pure gospel message declares that the blood of Jesus Christ has done some very powerful, impacting things to our old life.

He has put our old man and old self to death on the cross. He dragged us to that old rugged cross along with him. He held us on that cross until we died with Him.  He took the pain and penalty, but we died with Him on that day 2000 years ago when our world changed forever.

Gal 2:20 (NIV) 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

When He died, we died.  And because He was raised from the dead on the third day, we too have been raised together with Him in resurrection power!

Romans 6:8-11 (NIV)8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.  11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus
We have the power to kill off the old man, the old flesh, and the old genetic structure of our old family line. We simply must make the daily decision to put to death what belongs to our earthly nature, the old man.

Col 3:5-6 (NIV) 5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 

And we must do it every day!
1 Cor 15:31 (NIV) 31 I die every day.

One of the most powerful secrets to the power of Christ's blood is that His new life has the power to CHANGE OUR GENETICS, and RE-PROGRAM OUR LIFE AND NATURE!  The old life i used to live is dead and gone. I have been RE-GENED. My genetic code has been changed by the blood of Jesus, and I am no longer who I used to be.  The Bible declares this!

Matt 19:28 (KJV) 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 

Titus 3:5-6 (KJV) 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 

Many scriptures in the New Testament point to REGENERATION as part of our salvation experience.  This regeneration indicates a new life, a new man, a new world, a new kingdom, and a new start in life.  It also literally means to be RE-GENED, or to have your genetic code altered towards kingdom genetics. It only stands to reason that a person who was a crack addict, alcoholic, or habitual criminal, could be amazingly changed by the power of renewal through Christ's blood.  That change comes because the Kingdom of God literally changes and re-programs the mind, the genetics, and the functions of the old sinful man.  The old DIES and GOES AWAY and the new man LIVES and comes forward in newness of life.  It's an absolutely amazing thing!

Today, remember that your old man, your old family line and capacity, and your old sinful nature have been dealt with by the blood of Jesus Christ and the glorious salvation plan of God.  You can successfully arm yourself and your children with truth that will impact their lives.  When they start sensing the old family line demons attaching to them, they can shake them off and declare by the blood of Jesus that we all have been re-gened by the kingdom of God.  We are no longer subject to the old family demons of the past.  I don't have to pick up the weaknesses, sins, failures, and addictions of my father, mother, or grandparents.  I am free and I am a new man in Christ Jesus!

King Manasseh didn't have Jesus, and he gravitated back to the old demons of his grandfather Ahaz.  And for that, he suffered greatly!  You and I don't have to resist family demons or the flesh.  We put them to death through faith in the blood of Jesus who secure our re-generation in the kingdom of God!  We are free!  Very Happy:D:D
Tomorrow's Reading:
12-Jun 2 Kings 23-25, Luke 11-12, Psalms 61-65, Proverbs 12 
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down