Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 06/06 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 am

6-Jun 2 Kings 11-12, Mark 15-16, Psalms 31-35, Proverbs 6

2 Kings 11:1-3 (NIV) 1 When Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she proceeded to destroy the whole royal family. 2 But Jehosheba, the daughter of King Jehoram and sister of Ahaziah, took Joash son of Ahaziah and stole him away from among the royal princes, who were about to be murdered. She put him and his nurse in a bedroom to hide him from Athaliah; so he was not killed. 3 He remained hidden with his nurse at the temple of the Lord for six years while Athaliah ruled the land.

Power has consequences. Those destined for power are a target of evil men and women who would kill for that power.  And those who are corrupted by power can change from righteous to evil because of how their acquired power has changed them.  No man knows for sure how he will act until power is given.  This is why God typically gives us a little power first to prove and try us, to see how we can handle power.  Faithful over little, master or much, is the old saying.

it's also very important to know and realize, that whatever you do with your power in this season, you will reap the results of it in the next season.  The wicked woman Athaliah used her power to murder the royal lineage of the day.  She had her day in the sun for six years, and was then killed in year seven when the true king arrived to take her place.  You can see the same story line over and over in popular movies from OZ, Chronicles of Narnia, Batman, Superman, and on and on it goes.  An evil villain seizes power and terrorizes the land.  They have their day in the sun.  Then righteousness comes in the next season and destroys their rule and reign.  This is nothing less than human cyclical history and the M.O. of God in Heaven who orchestrates the destruction of wicked rulers.

Today, you and I must be careful with any power that is given.  We must know for sure that it is GOD who has given us any power to get wealth, or any wealth to get power.  The power that He gives is to be used for His kingdom, His righteousness, and His plan of life, peace, and blessing upon His people.  Anything wicked, evil, and any fleshly use of power for the dark side will be noted and retributed.  Power is given by God, and power is taken away by God.  Men have no power to reign and rule if it weren't given by God.  Satanic, dark power given to men is illicit, not real, and not sustainable.  It will be dealt with by God in the next season.

We live in a time (and season) where men's hearts are being tested.  Men everywhere are misusing their power. They are throwing their power and influence in on the wrong side.  They see their favorite politician, Hollywood star, newscaster, etc. who are misusing their power, and they are throwing their lot in with them.  This will be reckoned in the next season.

God is currently standing back and watching where men throw their alliances.  This is the season of TESTING.  Each man's heart, and each man's works are being tested.  The amount of power, influence, authority, and capacity that each man has been given is being judged by Heaven.  Wherever a man's heart is, this is where he will direct his influence and authority.  Sadly, much of the world is failing the Heavenly test.  I can't change their test, but I can guard mine!

You and I are being tested by God RIGHT NOW.  There is an opportunity to throw your power in with the rest of the world.  Go with the flow.  Vote with the rest of them.  Shut your mouth and come along.  Throw your power, influence, and authority over on our side of the line!  

Remember that God is watching and we are filling out the test papers right now with every action, every thought, and every act that we perform with our authority, power, and capacity.

Psalms 50:17-22 (NIV)17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.  18 When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers.  19 You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit.  20 You speak continually against your brother and slander your own mother's son.  21 These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was altogether like you.  But I will rebuke you and accuse you to your face.  22 "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue:

Prov 1:10-19 (NIV) 10 My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them.  11 If they say, "Come along with us; let's lie in wait for someone's blood, let's waylay some harmless soul; 12 let's swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit; 13 we will get all sorts of valuable things and fill our houses with plunder; 14 throw in your lot with us, and we will share a common purse"-- 15 my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths; 16 for their feet rush into sin, they are swift to shed blood. 17 How useless to spread a net in full view of all the birds! 18 These men lie in wait for their own blood; they waylay only themselves! 19 Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the lives of those who get it.

Don't forget that this is the SEASON OF THE TEST.  In the next season, the test scores will be handed out and those who fail will receive their test scores without mercy as God deals with wickedness and sin.   We do not want to be found in that company.

The best way I know personally of staying out of the temptation of misuse of power is to stay in the Word of God every day.  People have told me for decades that God's Word is like medicine.  It works in you. It's alive, and it shows you the way.  It's a light to your path. It's like a sword that will operate on you and protect you from encroaching forces.  It's a fire that burns away corrupt humanity and purifies you like silver, gold, and precious stones in intense heat.

When you read the Word of God each day. Develop a serious life long habit of reading God's Word first, before the exercise program, before breakfast, before anything else in the morning.  Honestly give yourself FIRST to God and the rewards will be eternal, not only in Heaven but also on this earth.  Take the initiative and schedule tomorrow morning's reading right now.  Tomorrow we are all reading: 2 Kings 13-14, Luke 1-2, Psalms 36-40, Proverbs 7 .   king king  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
7-Jun 2 Kings 13-14, Luke 1-2, Psalms 36-40, Proverbs 7
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down