Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 06/01 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 am

1-Jun 2 Kings 1-2, Mark 5-6, Psalms 6-10, Proverbs 1

1 Kings 1:5-6 NIV [5] Now Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith, put himself forward and said, “I will be king.” So he got chariots and horses ready, with fifty men to run ahead of him. [6] (His father had never rebuked him by asking, “Why do you behave as you do?” He was also very handsome and was born next after Absalom.)

1 Kings 1:32-35 NIV [32] King David said, “Call in Zadok the priest, Nathan the prophet and Benaiah son of Jehoiada.” When they came before the king, [33] he said to them: “Take your lord’s servants with you and have Solomon my son mount my own mule and take him down to Gihon. [34] There have Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him king over Israel. Blow the trumpet and shout, ‘Long live King Solomon!’ [35] Then you are to go up with him, and he is to come and sit on my throne and reign in my place. I have appointed him ruler over Israel and Judah.”

This is the tale of whom will become king after David.  We have a son who wants to be king, and we have a son whom David had prophecied would become king after him.  Adonijah took things into his own hands, and attempted to force his dream through.  He even captured the hearts and minds of some of Israel's leaders to come along with him.  This was not an overnight thing.  This young man had been planning to become king for a long time. He had convinced himsefl somehow that his father David's prophetic words and promise were null and void.  He was forcing his dream and manipulating facts, prophetic words, and his father's wishes in order to seize hold of his dream.  He was moving illegally, and it just about got him killed!

When David in his old age, heard that this young man had forced himself as the new king, he called his men together.  He commanded that Zadok the priest take his son Solomon down and anoint him publicly, declaring him as the next king.  When Solomon was anointed as king, the people shouted and danced with such exuberance that the ground literally shook.  Adonijah and his men heard the noise and felt the earth shake from the other side of the mountain!  When he heard that Solomon had been made king, his supporters all ran away and he feared for his life.  Fortunately for him, King Solomon spared him, telling him to GO HOME!

GOAL SETTING AND FUTURE CASTING:  I teach this just about everywhere I go, because my passion is to see people hit their target rather than miss the goal as 90% of the world does.  I want to see everyone I meet come into the kingdom of God and be the 10% remnant who hits God's prophetic bullseye that He has given them.  But this is a very important issue.

You can go to Barnes and Noble bookstore or Amazon.com and pick up many books from successful people who will teach you set proper goals, and to forecast your future by focusing on it.  I have read many of these books and I wholeheartedly believe "in principle" in what they are saying.  However, I have an issue in my own heart that I must resolve.  Jesus said, "Away from me for I never knew you."  He said this to people who said, "Lord, Lord, did we not do all these great things in your name?".  This haunting scripture says that it's possible to set goals, create your future, and live out your dream.  And it's possible to do it all in the name of Jesus!  But while doing this, it's possible that we may be doing things that He has never called us to do.  This will cause us to be cast away from him.  

Most of the positive thinking and goal setting books will help you reach your dreams, but you may do it illigitimately.  You could be like the man sitting in the wedding banquet who doesn't have wedding clothes on. The master of the banquet will question how he got into dream land, and then when the man can't give a true answer, he will be cast out into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.  DON'T BE THAT MAN!  There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death!

"...for I never knew you."  For Jesus to know us in the biblical sense, He must be walking with us, leading and directing us, and be an integral part of our lives, plans, goals, and future direction.  He must be directing us - PERIOD!

While I teach people to FILTER AND FOCUS, to LIVE IN THREE DIMENSIONS OF LIFE, and to CREATE A 25 WORD CORE VISION STATEMENT, there is only one thing that I can teach which will guarantee that you are doing things in line with Jesus' leadership and commands.  There is only one guarantee that at the end of your life, you will hold your COMPASS GUIDE instructions and look Jesus Christ in the eyes and hear Him say, "Well done my good and faithful servant."   That one thing is keeping your nose faithfully in the Word of God every day.  When you live in the fire, you become one with the fire.  When you seek God's Word daily, wisdom, knowledge and understanding will be your kinsmen, family, leaders.  When you allow God to talk to you each day through His Word, you will absolutely be led by His Holy Spirit.  There is no way around it.  You cannot be led astray while submitting yourself to God's living Word.  It's not possible.

Adonijah forgot God's Word.  He set King David's prophetic commands aside concerning Solomon being the next king.  He tried to ramrod his own will and desire into place to his own humiliation and endangerement to his life and those of his followers.  

It is very, very important that you NEVER forsake the Word of God.  Join us as we read God's Word every day. This COMPASS GUIDE FORUM gives your daily reading guide so that you can read the entire bible through in one year, and you will read Psalms and Proverbs 12 times per year.  Why is it important to read Psalms and Proverbs through every month?  Because these are the two books of kings that teach you how to think like King Jesus, King Jehovah, King David, and King Solomon.  If you immerse yourself in the thinking of kings, you will never, ever be a slave again.  You will never be led astray by darkness, and you will make decisions that count.  You will know the answer to the old question, "What would Jesus do?".

Join with us in a fervent commitment to read God's Word every day.  Get up an extra 40 minutes early every day and give Him the first part of your morning.  Watch how the miracles and supernatural spiritual activity begins to increase around you as you submit yourself to the timeless Word of God!   cheers king  Very Happy

Tomorrow's Reading:
2-Jun 2 Kings 3-4, Mark 7-8, Psalms 11-15, Proverbs 2
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down