Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 01/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

20-Jan Genesis 39-40, Mark 11-12, Psalms 96-100, Proverbs 20

Gen 39:6-20 (NIV). . . . Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, 7 and after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!"  8 But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. 9 No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?" 10 And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her. 11 One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. 12 She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house. 13 When she saw that he had left his cloak in her hand and had run out of the house, 14 she called her household servants. "Look," she said to them, "this Hebrew has been brought to us to make sport of us! He came in here to sleep with me, but I screamed. 15 When he heard me scream for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house." 16 She kept his cloak beside her until his master came home. 17 Then she told him this story: "That Hebrew slave you brought us came to me to make sport of me. 18 But as soon as I screamed for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house." 19 When his master heard the story his wife told him, saying, "This is how your slave treated me," he burned with anger. 20 Joseph's master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined.

Joseph screwed up! He didn't take the necessary precautions to protect himself, his dream, or even his master's house.  As we see the story, Potipher's wife was making a play for young Joseph and he continued to refuse her offers to head to the bedroom.  While he was pure in heart, he wasn't too bright with how the devil was setting him up.  Whenever a supposed boss, co-worker, friend, neighbor, or even a relative begins to quietly make offers to you to come on over to the dark side for a little secretive pleasure (this could be any type of sin, not just sexual), that person is making a bid for your soul.  They may or may not know what they're doing.  However, the play is being made, and you must understand that the devil is setting you up.  While Joseph resisted this lady time and time again, there came a day where she made her final play.  Either she would get her way, or she would destroy Joseph.

Why didn't Joseph have support among the other workers? Why didn't he somehow tell his master Potipher of his fears and concerns? Why didn't he drag this plan out into the light so others could see it?  If someone would have known of this woman's attempt, then Joseph could have escaped prison.  Yes, I know that God called Joseph up from prison to serve Pharaoh.  But I also know that God could have called Joseph up from Potipher's house to serve Pharaoh too.  Do you want to go to prison on your way to your dreams?  You certainly can if you just forsake this teaching today.  God will use you and He will direct your course.  But how about we skip prison altogether and go for the gold in wisdom, knowledge and understanding!

Joseph should have dragged this illicit attempt into the light.  This thing was going to destroy him, Potipher, or the wife, or all three.  This was very dangerous for all involved.  If Joseph was concerned about his destiny, God's dream for him, and for his master who had placed all things under his care - he would have SPOKE UP and dragged the situation into the light.

Love covers a multitude of sin, but light exposes sin and protects God's people from works of darkness.  If anyone attempts to throw you off from your calling, destiny, core vision statement, or goals, drag them into the light! Expose the plot to your authorities, and love God, your future, and that offending person enough to bring light to the scene.  Light will destroy the darkness, and will set all involved free.  God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.   sunny sunny  sunny

Tomorrow's Reading:
21-Jan Genesis 41-42, Mark 13-14, Psalms 101-105, Proverbs 21
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down