Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 03/10 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:51 am

10-Mar Numbers 25-26    1 Cor. 3-4 Psalms 41-45 Proverbs 10

Num 25:1-4 (NIV) 1 While Israel was staying in Shittim, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women, 2 who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate and bowed down before these gods. 3 So Israel joined in worshiping the Baal of Peor. And the Lord's anger burned against them. 4 The Lord said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the Lord, so that the Lord's fierce anger may turn away from Israel."

We humans are wired in a way that makes us desire new and innovative things. We like to try new foods, buy the newest technology, and we all have something special that we love to do.  The israelite men had an opportunity to hang out with some foreign girls, and to go to some of their worship services.  This was pretty cool for them, because these worship services included sex. And these men fell headlong into the trap.  While they were undoubtedly just having sex in their own minds, in effect they were worshipping Baal and uniting with a foreign belief system that would infect the purity and focus of Israel.  God was trying to get them trained for the land of promise, and here these guys go learning some new sex lessons from Baal worshippers.  This would not end well for Israel.  So God called for their extermination.

In today's world, there are so many voices that are calling us, and so many enemies that are offering new and innovative ways of living.  While we may be hooked by our weakness, in effect we are more than likely worshipping a false entity along with giving in to our weakness.  Whether its sexual sin, drugs, smoking, alcohol, movies representing the evil side of hell and darkness, or whatever - there is a foreign element attempting to get you off track, lose your focus, and contaminate your pure stream of relationship with God.  I've lived quite a long time as a follower of Christ (33 years) and I can tell you right now that there are more voices than you could possibly count.  And these voices know how to tempt your creative, inquisitive nature.  They're trying to get you off focus.

COMPASS GUIDE is the most important concept that I know of to help keep me on track.  Every day I am RE-MINDED of who I am in Christ.  Because I remember who I am, I know what I am supposed to be doing.  I have learned to filter out everything that's non profitable and that will not help thrust me forward into God's plan for my life.  I have learned to focus on the important things, and give my full life and attention to what God wants me to accomplish.  Through learning this way of life, it has helped me to quickly figure out when the Moabites come around.  It's much harder to drag me off of my center focus because:
1. I have a center of focus, which everyone must get if they're going to hit the mark of the high calling
2.  I am able to identify quickly whether an opportunity is really a trap or not.  

God leads me into opportunities that propel His program and future in my life.  But an opportunity that He is not in will look foreign, like a Moabite.  It's very easy to see which opportunities are traps.

I highly encourage you, especially at this time frame that we're in as the world turns over and changes, that you get a COMPASS GUIDE and start your progress towards fulfillment of THE DREAM!  Once you have a lifestyle built of readin the word, following your core life statement, filter/focus, and setting powerful goals to head towards the dream, you will not be enticed easily by Moabites!  Your stream will remain pure, and your focus will be as solid as an eagle's stare. king king  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
11-Mar Numbers 27-28   1 Cor. 5-6 Psalms 46-50 Proverbs 11
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down