Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves

Go down

10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves Empty 10/05 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves

Post by Admin Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:10 pm

5-Oct Jeremiah 9-10, Matthew 15-16, Psalms 36-40, Proverbs 5

Proverbs 5:1-6 NIV [1] My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight, [2] that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge. [3] For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; [4] but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. [5] Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. [6] She gives no thought to the way of life; her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.

Todays Proverb has many layers of wisdom for believers. Of course it talks of the dangers and end of having an adulterous relationship in the flesh. But today we will focus on the spiritual adulterous woman.

The adulterous lifestyle is one of the unregenerated man, and one who has not been born again by the power of the Holy Spirit. This lifestyle is oblivious to life or death. This person is walking straight towards death, hell and the grave but has no clue. He is aimless and has no idea where he is going or why. He is having an affair with death and enjoying the hope of sweet honey lips that it offers.

But the way and path of life is reserved for disciples and those who walk a path of discipline. Let this sink in, whether physical discipline, mental, spiritual, educational, family/marital, vocational and financial. Most people around you have no discipline and will be in deep trouble because of it at the end.....

Proverbs 5:11-14 NIV [11] At the end of your life you will groan, when your flesh and body are spent. [12] You will say, “How I hated discipline! How my heart spurned correction! [13] I would not obey my teachers or turn my ear to my instructors. [14] And I was soon in serious trouble in the assembly of God's people.”

It looks like this undisciplined fool ended up at church in the assembly of Gods people, in deep trouble, out of strength and time, and suffering for the lack of discipline.

The way of life is one of discipline. The way of death is chasing after the easy life of promised honey lips. One will save you and one will kill you. But you won’t know the full consequences of either until it’s too late.

Today I am going to assume that you have had a regeneration experience with your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. But does He have Lordship over your life in every area? Have you set a new course for your life so that your whole man is walking in discipline and on the path of life?

Jesus shared His most intimate thoughts and truths with His disciplined ones. But He shared only parables to the undisciplined ones because He knew what was in them. Intimacy with Jesus starts with discipline and becoming a disciple in newness of action.

Make a spiritual commitment right now to drag your old dead adulterous life into the path of life and salvation, whether that means healthy eating, exercise, reading the Word of God daily, feeding the poor this week, or something else that this scripture has revealed to you.

The life of kings is filled with discipline.... this is the way to true success and godly living. king king king

Tomorrow's Reading:
6-Oct Jeremiah 11-12, Matthew 17-18, Psalms 41-45, Proverbs 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down