Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 08/05 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 am

5-Aug Job 15-16, 2 Cor. 13, Psalms 31-35, Proverbs 5

Job 16:2-5 (NIV) 2 "I have heard many things like these; miserable comforters are you all! 3 Will your long-winded speeches never end? What ails you that you keep on arguing? 4 I also could speak like you, if you were in my place; I could make fine speeches against you and shake my head at you. 5 But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.

Job is in serious pain after an aggressive attack of Satan upon his family, wealth, and health.  God seems to be silent and very distant as Job cries out to find relief and answers for what has happened to him.  And now, his friends all have an answer for him based on their view of the situation.  Even his wife told Job to just give up, acknowledge his sin, curse God and then die.  They gave up on him a long time ago.  
This story reminds me of how easy it is to speak down, negatively, and judgmentally towards those who are around us, maybe friends or family.  When they are suffering intensely, it's easy for a person who's not invested in the pain to judge from a distance. We may even throw that friend away for a time because they are a drag on our own lives.  We can really make things worst if we walk in the old adamic lifestyle of judgment and ridicule.  

But God has called us to walk with one another, lift one another, and to "JUDGE NOT" or we will also be judged.  God calls us to uplift, support, and pray for one another in the purest sense of family, that is - God's family.

In our COMPASS GUIDE program, one of our eight life territories to bring under the dominion of God's Kingdom is SOCIAL.  This means friendships.  Today's scripture hits hard at friendships and commands us to NOT be like Jobs friends who threw him away, ridiculed and judged him, and gave him false counsel.  Their true colors came out when Job went into pain and suffering, and our true colors will come out also - when our friends go into pain and suffering, times of despair, anguish, and weakness/failure.
What does the Kingdom of God say about our friendships?  Submit to one another, pray for one another, be gentle, kind, and patient with one another. Do NOT forsake one another. Lay our lives down for one another.  This is not easy, but it's THE KINGDOM of God, and it's His command.  Don't do what's easy, but do what God wants.  This is the highest order and honor of God in your social world.  And as you sow this life into your friends, you will reap a reward of kingdom minded people in your life who will treat you the exact same way in your times of despair and trouble.  God is not mocked. What a man sows is what he will reap.
COMPASS GUIDE - SOCIAL: Drag your social life under the Kingdom of God and be a strong rock foundation for your friends and those that God has given you influence with!  king king king 
Tomorrow's Reading:
6-Aug Job 17-18, Galatians 1-2, Psalms 36-40, Proverbs 6 
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down