Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 06/02 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 am

2-Jun 2 Kings 3-4, Mark 7-8, Psalms 11-15, Proverbs 2

1 Kings 3:5-15 NIV [5] At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.” [6] Solomon answered, “You have shown great kindness to your servant, my father David, because he was faithful to you and righteous and upright in heart. You have continued this great kindness to him and have given him a son to sit on his throne this very day. [7] “Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. [8] Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. [9] So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?” [10] The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. [11] So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, [12] I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. [13] Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for---both wealth and honor---so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. [14] And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.” [15] Then Solomon awoke---and he realized it had been a dream.

God came to Solomon in a dream, with the old "Genie in a bottle" request.  He asked him what he would like Jehovah God to give him.  What a question!  Many people would ask for eternal life, wealth and riches, or some very selfish desires.  But Solomon put those desires away and had his father's desire.  He wanted to help his people, but felt like he was too young and inadequate for the job.  Even after being anointed as king, he felt very inferior.  But he asked for something that would change his life "for the good" forever!

Solomon asked for wisdom, discernment, and capacity to lead the people according to God's ways.  This evidently was the right answer, because he hit the jackpot with God.  The Lord was clearly very proud of him for this request because he denied his own opportunity in order to bless others in Israel.  THIS IS A KEY TO THE KINGDOM!!

Let him deny himself.....
Consider others higher than yourself.......
Submit yourselves to one another.......
Love your neighbor as yourself.......
Give and it shall be given......

When Solomon asked for wisdom, he asked for the KEY RELATIONSHIP that would make him into the greatest and wealthiest king ever to walk the planet.  God gave him wisdom, and God also gave him wealth, riches, and long life!  You see, when you make the search for wisdom a key, integral, high priority part of your life, you will also receive things that you did not ask for.  The things you receive will be the things that wisdom will show you!

Wisdom was with God in the beginning when He framed the worlds.  Wisdom is known as your sister.  She hangs out with understanding and knowledge.  When you get one of them, you get all three.  The bible says that we must make room in our homes for the three sisters.  Treat them as kinsmen, family, and honor wisdom above everything else.  If you have a choice to embrace wisdom or a pile of gold, you should embrace wisdom! Why? Wisdom knows where all the gold is located, and she knows how to keep it once you have ahold of it.  

You are directed in the COMPASS GUIDE reading program to read these scriptures 12 times per year? Why? Because Proverbs and Psalms were written by the greatest kings to ever live, and you need to start thinking like a king.  Kings know how to rule and to have dominion over their domain.  Reading the books of kings will change the way you think, and will hopefully cause you to choose wisdom over anything else in the world.

Read these following scriptures about wisdom:

Proverbs 1:7 NIV [7] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:20-23 NIV [20] Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square; [21] on top of the wall she cries out, at the city gate she makes her speech: [22] “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? [23] Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Proverbs 2:2-12 NIV [2] turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding--- [3] indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, [4] and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, [5] then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. [6] For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. [7] He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, [8] for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. [9] Then you will understand what is right and just and fair---every good path. [10] For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. [11] Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. [12] Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse,

Proverbs 3:13-19 NIV [13] Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, [14] for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. [15] She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. [16] Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. [17] Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. [18] She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed. [19] By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place;

Proverbs 3:21-22 NI [21] My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; [22] they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.

Proverbs 4:5-9 NIV [5] Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. [6] Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. [7] The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. [8] Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. [9] She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown. ”

Though it cost all you have, get wisdom!  This means that you must go find her, embrace her, and if necessary - pay for her.  Show no restraint on the value of wisdom.  Don't try to cut a deal for wisdom.  Get her at all costs.

Solomon got wisdom.  And when he did, he also got EVERYTHING that wisdom has.  She was with God in the beginning.  She knows all the hidden places of God. She knows where the wealth is located.  She knows how to reach the darkened world with the proper message.  She knows the ways of success and peace.  And if you are her friend, she will share her hidden knowledge with you.

I call this hidden knowledge HSI.  Holy Spirit Intelligence.  We are talking today about you obtaining secret intelligence from the Holy Spirit.  The keys are in the book of Proverbs.  You must treat the Holy Spirit with the respect of a dear sister.  You must guard, cover, make room in your home, and pay any price necessary to keep your sister safe, secure, and happy.  When you are willing to honor the Holy Spirit in this fashion, then wisdom will come to you and give you the insight you need to lead your life, family, business, job, education, your ministry, and anything else that God has called you to.

COMPASS GUIDE is an excercise in honoring the Holy Spirit, listening to God's voice, and accepting words from your sister wisdom.  If you follow the instructions of the COMPASS GUIDE one year planning manual, you will indeed embrace wisdom and she will share the secrets of the kingdom of God with you.  It's a glorious life indeed, to hear from God.   king king  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
3-Jun 2 Kings 5-6, Mark 9-10, Psalms 16-20, Proverbs 3
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down