Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

2 posters

Go down

04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 am

16-Apr Judges 11-12 Hebrews 3-4 Psalms 76-80 Proverbs 16

Judges 11:1-8 (NIV) 1 Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2 Gilead's wife also bore him sons, and when they were grown up, they drove Jephthah away. "You are not going to get any inheritance in our family," they said, "because you are the son of another woman." 3 So Jephthah fled from his brothers and settled in the land of Tob, where a group of adventurers gathered around him and followed him.   4 Some time later, when the Ammonites made war on Israel, 5 the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. 6 "Come," they said, "be our commander, so we can fight the Ammonites."  7 Jephthah said to them, "Didn't you hate me and drive me from my father's house? Why do you come to me now, when you're in trouble?"  8 The elders of Gilead said to him, "Nevertheless, we are turning to you now; come with us to fight the Ammonites, and you will be our head over all who live in Gilead."

When times are good, families love to fight, divide and bicker.  They draw blood lines and separate over the most ignorant of things.  Jephthah was driven from his family because his half brothers didn't like the fact that he had a different mother than them. They let him know that he would have no inheritance in his family, and he might as well leave and start over somewhere else.  But God would trump this inheritance, and give him a better one!  He would end up leading the entire clan of Gilead, including his ignorant brothers.

When times get tough, families pull together.  Trouble came when the Ammonites made war on Israel and the brothers knew that Jephthah was the one who could successfully save them from this offending enemy.  They pledged their allegiance to him and he came and saved the land from Ammon, striking down all of Ammon's cities and warriors.  He then lead Gilead until the day he died.

We are entering a period of great trouble as the 6th day (6,000 years from Adam) is coming to a close, and the 7th day (the perfect man of rest, Jesus, 7,000 years from Adam) is beginning to dawn.  Old Adam is having his last stand, and the devil/serpent/dragon is coming with great wrath and furry because he knows his time is short.  As we see nations collapsing, national boundaries melting, one world alliances forming, the anti-Christ spirit arising, and clouds of darkness appearing on the horizon, I can guarantee you that God's people are going to come together as never before in unification and oneness.  Not too many years ago, I attempted to reach out to a denominational pastor in St. Louis, MO.  I loved his work and wanted to support it, and I offered to bring the people I was pastoring over to work with him. His response was a scripture that he threw down at me:

Amos 3:3 (KJV) Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

He then proceeded to tell me that because I believed in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and because I was a multi-denominational pastor, that there was no way he could walk with me as we were not in agreement.  I was disappointed but not shocked, as this was the generalized spirit of division in the land of America for decades. When times are good, we can send our brothers away because they aren't from the same mother.  We can survive and even thrive without them.  But when times get bad, we will be begging for the Jephthahs to come back and help us fight for survival.  It's natural and normal human cyclical behavior.

Good times: Pride, arrogance, isolationism, one man island mentality, invincible, divisive, developing non biblical ideas and belief systems.
Bad times:  Humility, fear of loss, gathering of strength, dropping of non biblical ideas and belief systems, "no man is an island" mentality.

The military says that everyone is a believer in the foxhole.  Have you ever heard the term, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammo!" ?

I have an acquaintance who leads men in evangelism at the Marti Gras New Orleans flesh fest each year.  These men come from all backgrounds, and when they're surrounded by demons, drunks, homosexuals, and murderous, angry mobs, they all have one banner, and His name is Jesus.  These men say to one another, "If you can pray in tongues, this is a good time to start. If you rub the rosary and hail Mary, this is the time to start rubbing and hailing.  If you know how to bind and loose demons, this is a good time to do what you know to do.  If you can pray in intercession, then by all means, please start praying."  These men are united under one banner, the love of God through Jesus Christ.  They win many people to Jesus during that event each year, and they've learned the secret to dropping ISSUES OF BLOOD which only serve to divide, weaken, and conquer.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.  But the gates of Hell cannot prevail against Christ's church!  Therefore, if Christ's church is to be victorious, we must learn to walk in unity rather than division.  Through the Spirit of nobility, we MUST drop issues of blood, division, and separation which weaken and conquer us.  IF not through the Spirit of nobility and honor of God, then through the storm clouds that are arising will the true church arise in unity and stand "AS ONE"!

"AS ONE"!  If you ever saw the incredible true story and movie called, "300", then you will remember that the small band of trained warriors led by Leonidis, king of the Spartans - went out to meet the powerful forces of Persia.  The movie showed this small UNITED band of 300 men stacking up 100,000 of Persia's best fighters in a wall of enemy combattants.  And when Persia would fire in 100,000 arrows that would darken the sky like clouds on a sunny day, the Spartans would shout AS ONE! and their shields would interlock as a turtle shell and protect them all from enemy attack.  They were simply invincible and a force to be reckoned with.  The king of Persia finally came to them and offered them a leadership position in his army because of his great respect for them.  As a side note, Leonidis refused the position.

God is going to have a united church, and He is going to unite his MAN-CHILD company to where the dragon and his angels will be powerless against them.  Intense heat will be used to melt the churches, denominations, and various sects together AS ONE!  This intense heat will burn away false, non biblical ideas, divisions of men, and stupid controversies that weaken the body of Christ.  Look for the heat to come, as it is on it's way.  Make sure that you are following men and women who are comfortable living in the heat, and who are preaching a message that's born from out of the heat.

COMPASS GUIDE puts you directly in the heat of God's fire, as the Word of God is applied every day of our lives.  We allow the fires of Heaven to burn away anything that doesn't belong in our present or future.  The Word of God becomes our standard.  We believe what He believes. We mature quickly to accept others and to put away stupid arguments and divisive behavior.   We are focused, and we filter out human sentiment and foolish arguments of men that keep us ineffective.  This is why we read the Holy Bible every day and give ourselves to it's authority and command over our lives.  We walk IN the fires of God, and we ARE comfortable in the fire, well identified with it, and we serve in the fire, speaking from within that fire.

Heb 1:7 (NIV) In speaking of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire."

sunny king  sunny

Tomorrow's Reading:
17-Apr Judges 13-14 Hebrews 5-6 Psalms 81-85 Proverbs 17
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty Re: 04/16 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by SharShar Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 am

Very true, I had heard somewhere that this generation doesnt have any sense of struggle and living through hard times. Most of our children grew up very comfortably. My mom was a child in the depression and remembers it well, shes in her 70s. My parents still carried a lot of their Hard Work ethic, frugalness, do it yourself, not materialistic into my life, which I am thankful for!
Then having to endure a hard struggle in life during my 20s and mid 30s really took me through the fire.

There is something GOOD to be said about STRUGGLE. It produces strength, patience, compassion, empathy. It lets me know that in the end all of these things I went through shaped me to endure so many things now that freak others out.

And the stirring and shaking thats going on, is to WAKE the church up! We have been comfortable far too long.

SharShar

Back to top Go down