Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 11/16 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm

16-Nov Ezekiel 37-38, Acts 9-10, Psalms 96-100, Proverbs 16

Sometimes Jesus calls us way out of the box of comfort and safety!  
Acts 9:15-16 (NIV)15 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

Saul has been is breathing murderous threats against the Christian movement.  He has just been given authority from the religious system's high priest to imprison those who were part of the new "Christian" movement.  While on his way, Jesus knocks him off of his horse, blinds him, puts the fear of God into him and his men, and tells him the way that it's going to be from now on.  Saul answers "LORD"! to Him and becomes very submissive.  This is what happens when Heaven's light and revelation come upon someone who's walking in the darkness.  It's called DOMINION!

Meanwhile, this faithful Christian man named Ananias is hiding out in his home. wondering what will happen when this Saul arrives into town.  He knows that Saul is coming to round up the Christians.  Suddenly, the Lord speaks to him and gives instructions on what he is supposed to do.  

Acts 9:11-14 (NIV)11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."  13 "Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

Ananias is having some problems with this new direction.  He can't reconcile it in his mind.  Jesus is asking him to put his life on the line and go find the man who wants to put him and his family in prison?    We have times in our lives where we can't RECONCILE God's direction with our own understanding.  It doesn't add up, and it seems to be adverse to our safety and progress.

Prov 3:5-8 (NIV)5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

There comes times that we must TRUST the Lord and His direction for our lives.  His direction will surpass our limited, finite understanding from time to time.  TRUST and OBEDIENCE will be required to fulfill God's plan on the earth, as it is in Heaven.  This is a key to our success in accomplishing our goals, vision, and the 25 word Core Vision Statement.

Acts 9:15-16 (NIV)15 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

Jesus confirms to Ananias that the reports that he has been hearing are no longer true.  This man Saul is a chosen instrument from God who will carry the name of Jesus to the Gentiles and their kings.  WOW!  CIA intelligence from Heaven.  I like to call it HSI (Holy Spirit Intelligence).  Ananias was privy to a secret that no one else had heard.  The boys telling about Saul coming to imprison them were wrong.  Times had changed.  Saul had changed.  The Kingdom of God had invaded the earth and a change had happened, though no one knew it yet.

Thank God that Ananias trusted Jesus.  He mounted up, probably kissed his wife goodbye knowing that if he was wrong, he might never see her again.  He found Saul and prayed for him to receive the Holy Ghost.  Immediately, scales fell from his eyes and a brand new life in Christ started in Saul's life. This man would start a new journey that would turn the world upside down and give us most of our New Testament.  Ananias showed up on time, in faith and obedience, knees trembling as he entered the house!

God is going to confront you and I in our future with revelation, directions, and a checklist of things to do which don't make natural sense to us.  The guidance might actually sound scary or harmful "if things go wrong".  In order for us to accomplish the Heavenly dream that God has for us, we must be ready, willing, and able to take the risk, live by faith, and step out into the unknown.  Just as Peter stepped out of the boat onto the high and stormy seas, so God will require you and I to step out of the boat.  Peter was either one step away from a miracle, or death.  Jesus told him to COME.  If that word didn't have the power to keep Peter on top of the water, he would drown as the sea would separate him from the boat that the other disciples were in.  Ananias also had to get out of his comfort zone and go to Saul, a man who could have him imprisoned or killed.

Get ready for Jesus to look you straight in the eye and say, "COME".  You will be in a boat of safety, and He will be out on the water somewhere.  The space between the two of you will be the breeding ground of miracles!   king  king  king
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down