Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 07/08 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 am

8-Jul 2 Chron. 25-26, Acts 17-18, Psalms 41-45, Proverbs 8
2 Chron 26:16-21 (NIV) 16 But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the Lord his God, and entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense. 17 Azariah the priest with eighty other courageous priests of the Lord followed him in. 18 They confronted him and said, "It is not right for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the Lord. That is for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who have been consecrated to burn incense. Leave the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful; and you will not be honored by the Lord God." 19 Uzziah, who had a censer in his hand ready to burn incense, became angry. While he was raging at the priests in their presence before the incense altar in the Lord's temple, leprosy broke out on his forehead. 20 When Azariah the chief priest and all the other priests looked at him, they saw that he had leprosy on his forehead, so they hurried him out. Indeed, he himself was eager to leave, because the Lord had afflicted him.  21 King Uzziah had leprosy until the day he died. He lived in a separate house --leprous, and excluded from the temple of the Lord. Jotham his son had charge of the palace and governed the people of the land.
Pride leads to downfall every time.  Pride is the essence of the adamic nature.  Pride is the ultimate rebellion against God's instituted authority.  Pride is an enemy of God.  Pride is self exaltation, self worship, and self diafication. Pride says that I am God and Jehovah is not.  Just as pride led Uzziah to go into God's temple and proclaim himself as the king (instead of God), pride will also cause us to do the wrong thing against God.
Uzziah lived for God and he became very powerful under God's provision, protection, and grace.  But once he became powerful, he followed the classic signs of pride and began to exalt himself.  There is a saying that, "Absolute power absolutely corrupts."   This is very true.  Power and authority can only be successfully embraced by a human being if that person is submitted under the hand of God, walking in humility, and serving God, who is the author and giver of that power.  If humility and submission are not embraced through times of granted power, then that power itself will corrupt the person who has the power.  This is the certain downfall of politicians, military leaders, top corporate executives, and even the little guy on the street who is given just a little authority in his job, household, or community.  Power can corrupt a person who is in charge of a home owners association, a teacher's union, or a boy scout troop.  You don't have to be a U.S. Senator for power to corrupt you.
James 4:6-10 (NIV) 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."  7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
Pride is a horrible manifestation of the unrestrained,  non born again, adamic life.  And pride must be dealt with through the blood of Jesus Christ every day. We must die to pride and live in God's Holy Spirit led humility if we are to ever learn how to walk in God's power and authority.  I can tell you that this is not an easy task.  The stronger a person's gift, the more pride that a person will get to deal with.  The strongest gifts have the strongest capacity for pride.
Uzziah fell from his high position of power when he decided to act on his own accord.  He went in and offered incense inside of God's temple. However, that job was reserved for the priests of God.  He broke the rules and it led to his permanent downfall. He lost the kingdom God had given him, and though it continued to grow under his son's authority, he lived in a shack in the corner of the kingdom with his nose, ears, and fingers  falling off through leprosy until the day he died.
One man lives in pride and the other lives in humility.  When one man lives in pride, God himself opposes that man.  When the man lives in humility as a servant of God's power, God gives him grace and divine direction.
Picture a football field for a moment and God is directing the game.  When you and I enter the game, God will either be on our side or He will be opposing us.  If I am walking in pride and making decisions on my own, God will be opposed to me.  He will literally use Satan (the opposer) to oppose, push back, resist, and thwart my success.  My grace will not work, and I will suffer alot of lost opportunities.  But if I come onto the field in humility, then God's grace will be upon me and I will find that God is literally on my side.  I am on the field to serve God's purpose, and to run His plays.  I am searching for His will, His direction, and His plan.  I run God's playbook and attribute all success to Him because He is the director of my actions.  When I instigate a play, I find that God's grace is upon me, and He lifts me up into supernatural success.  I see the opposing team who is Satan, and I have divine power to resist him and he turns, runs and flees away from me.  I succeed in making touchdown after touchdown because of God's divine interaction in my life.
James 4:6-10 (NIV) 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."  7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
COMPASS GUIDE will help you to find GOD'S DREAM for your life rather than running your own dream and your own playbook.  When you locate God's dream and begin working daily to fulfill His will and purpose for your life, you will find divine grace and the ability to resist satan with effective power.  You will find success wherever you go because you have humbled yourself under God's mighty hand and He is lifting you up.  Uzziah experienced this until he fell into pride.
Once you begin experiencing divine success because of God's grace upon you, it will be important to stay in God's Word, keep yourself submitted to Him, give the glory of success to Him, and keep submitted.  Otherwise, Uzziah's great downfall will become yours.  This is why it's important to learn the principle of success through submission at an early point in your Christian walk, and NEVER walk away from it.  Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and never stop, even when success hits you with great power and authority.  Stay humble and stay strong and prosperous.  There is no need to fall like Uzziah, because a lifestyle of humility will keep you safe from the ravages of "absolute power" on the adamic pride of life.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Tomorrow's Reading:
9-Jul 2 Chron. 27-28, Acts 19-20, Psalms 46-50, Proverbs 9 
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down