Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 01/09 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 am

Become A Life Coach, Help Others & Prosper While Doing It!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9-Jan Genesis 17-18, Matthew 17-18, Psalms 41-45, Proverbs 9

Gen 17:1-8 (NIV) 1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty ; walk before me and be blameless. 2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers." 3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4 "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram ; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God."

Abram had been walking under the UNSEEN PROMISE of this supposed "SON" who would show up, as promised by God. He was more than likely in his early 80's when he received the promise.  He was 86 when he helped God out with the HAGAR/ISHMAEL son (which went South right away). Now Abram is 99 years old and God appears to him with a confirmation of the promise, and with a fresh covenant, some requirements of this covenant, etc.  It's interesting that God took Abram through a period of time, testing, honing, and preparation.  While Abram and especially Sarai were stressing out about her dried up womb and inability to give a son, God was not worried at all.  He had a bigger plan.  The "Giving Sarai a Son" thing would be easy for Him to do.  The hard part would be to FOCUS them, to PREPARE them, and to teach them about the holy covenant that would support and bless this promised son to come.

Our goals and visions for life are the same way. It's VERY EASY for God to produce the miracle.  All He has to do is speak.  When He points his finger, Heaven moves.  This is the SUPERNATURAL easy part.  But preparation must be done in our hearts, and in our lives so that we can support the miracle and properly take care of, and direct the promise when it arrives.  God told Abram that he would need to walk in the covenant and not break it.  He took Abram through a 15 year period minimum where he talked with him, built him up, confirmed him, showed his protection, provision, and blessing.  He then changed Abram's name to ABRAHAM, the father of many nations.

THEN the promise came.................

You and I must be prepared for the miracles and blessings to come.  Producing the open door is easy for God.  Preparing us to receive and maintain the blessing, well, that's the hard part.  This is why it's so important to read the Word every day. Submit yourself to it.  Chart, analyze, and hone your short, medium, and long term goals.  Built daily strategies that will help you to achieve those goals, while soaking in God's Word.  His Word brings faith, light, direction, focus, and clarity.  His Word speaks from another dimension, and causes us to focus on what God is saying and doing.  As you unite with what Heaven is saying and doing, you can be rest assured that your goals will be honed and authorized by Heaven!  You will see the promise, just as Abraham did.  But first, you must learn to walk with God so that the promise will be properly cared for when it appears.   Wink sunny  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
10-Jan Genesis 19-20, Matthew 19-20, Psalms 46-50, Proverbs 10
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down