Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 12/20 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

20-Dec Zechariah 1-2, Galatians 3-4, Psalms 116-120, Proverbs 20

Zech 2:1-2 (NIV)1 Then I looked up--and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand! 2 I asked, "Where are you going?"  He answered me, "To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is."

Whenever God pulls out a measuring stick, He is getting ready to JUDGE something.  Judging is simply measuring something.  We are told not to judge other people, and that means to NOT measure them.  We are allowed to judge or measure fruit, but only God can measure a person's heart.  God also tells us to judge or measure ourselves so that we will not be judged or measured.  But then Paul came along and said that he could care less if anyone judged or measured him, that he doesn't even judge or measure himself.

There is a huge key when coming to judgment. The only way that you and I can possibly judge or measure is if we use the PROPER MEASURING LINE.  I would be wrong to judge you in relation to myself.  Or I would be wrong to try to "measure you up" based on what I know about you. This would be judgment in error, and would cause a reaping of massive judgement and incorrect measurement of my own life as a result. (Do not judge or you will be judged.).

The way that we measure and judge ourselves correctly is by measuring our lives, hearts, attitudes, actions, emotions, and every part of our lives against the WORD OF GOD.  This is the true measuring line, and when we judge ourselves with God's word, we are judging correctly.  As a matter of fact, when we judge ourselves according to the Word, we are like Paul.  Paul refused to judge himself, but rather left the judgment up to God.  When you allow God's word to judge you, you are not judging yourself.  

Revelation gives us a key to judgement and measurement, as we know that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit and He lives in us.

Rev 11:1-2 (NIV)1 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles.

The scripture tells us to measure the inner court, but exclude the outer court.  We must focus on our inner being, where our CORE and HEART reside.  This is where God lives, and this is the center part of our lives where the issues of life flow outward from.  When the word of God measures, judges, and corrects our inner man, we are whole, sound, saved, and redeemed.  He is Lord over that person.

Isn't it interesting that most of us spend our time and energy focusing on the outer court?  How do I look? How much do I weigh? What do other people think of me? Does my hair look alright? Do I "measure up" to other's expectations?  Yet the word of God tells us to forget all of that.  It's not a part of the true temple measurement.

Now I'm not saying that exercise, weight, and looking your best is not important.  But I do believe that these things will come naturally once we honestly judge our inner man with the true measuring stick - God's word.  And by the way, Jesus is the word of God!

Our COMPASS GUIDE program helps us to bring all 8 territories of our life under the dominion of the king.  We focus on our CORE VISION STATEMENT, and the true eternal purposes of God for our lives.  The physical territory is one of eight which we must deal with.  But it's important that the physical be judged and measured correctly according to the word of God.

Free yourself from the world's judgement and measurement!  You are not bound to the Hollywood image that is thrust upon you.  You don't necessarily need to conform to the newest, hottest fad in order to be accepted by the world.  Judge and measure yourself daily with the word of God and follow HIS MEASUREMENT of your life, purpose and direction.  You will be eternally glad that you followed HIS viewpoint and measurement of you rather than the world's.

It's through His measurement of your life that you can DO ALL THINGS!   king cheers  cheers

Tomorrow's Reading:
21-Dec Zechariah 3-4, Galatians 5-6, Psalms 121-125, Proverbs 21
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down