Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 12/19 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 pm

19-Dec Haggai 1-2, Galatians 1-2, Psalms 111-115, Proverbs 19

Hag 1:2-11 (NIV) 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: "These people say, 'The time has not yet come for the Lord's house to be built.'" 3 Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai: 4 "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?"  5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it." 7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the Lord. 9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the Lord Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. 11 I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."

Haggai make is very clear that the principle of GOD FIRST works!  When we put God first and highly value His priorities over ours, then everything else works out, succeeds, and prospers.  But when selfishness takes over and we put God's interests on the sideline, holes appear in our pockets, our businesses begin to fail, the crops fail, and drought hits all that is created to multiply.

The COMPASS GUIDE program which we are involved in puts God first at the beginning of our day.  We are reading His Word and planning our course based upon His word and the revelation that He brings us.  This is the sure road to prosperity, peace, and success.  The alternate is to put self first, let God's priorities for your life dry up, and most assuredly your crops will fail through drought.  When we pay honor to GOD FIRST, the heavens release dew and the earth releases multiplication.  What an awesome promise that works 100% of the time!!!

I want to challenge you as you set your goals and priorities over the next 5, 10, and 20 years.  My challenge is that you set goals for God's house.  Set some giving goals, some goals to feed and help orphans and widows, goals to help in your church or to heavily support the building of a church in a newly developed area.  Work towards those goals, and make sure that these goals are in the main bloodstream of God's heart.  I'm not sure that God has an interest in providing a millionaire with a free dinner.  But He is clearly interested in providing for orphans and widows, the homeless, those in prison, those bound, chained, impoverished, and in great need.  Set some goals that are right in the middle of God's heartbeat, and watch your crops multiply over and above normal!

I had lunch with a great man of God years ago.  This man has filled stadiums, seen every miracle known to mankind, and there would be no way to count the number of people healed and pulled out of wheelchairs, eyes opened, deaf ears opened, etc.  He had travelled the world and has a very successful ministry.  I asked him quite frankly what was the one thing that he could put his finger on which had brought him success.  He answered, "I take care of widows and orphans.  God is a father to an orphan and a husband to a widow, and I am an outreaching arm to help them, so God gives me alot of stuff to help them with."  He went on to say, "I'm really not a very nice man at my core.  I'm really quite selfish. But I do take care of God's widows and orphans, and that is the #1 thing that I believe has brought me great success."  I immediately went home and made the decision that I would help God's widows and orphans the rest of my life.  And I, just like he, believe that any success God gives me is because I take care of His dearly beloved.  It's really very simple and not profound.  And it's something that all followers of Christ should lock on to as a life long goal.  My challenge for you is to find a widow and some orphans and set some goals for them.  Then work those goals and make them come to pass!  Watch what God does with your life, business, job, family, and future!  The heavens will rain and the earth will give up her increase specifically to YOU!   king sunny  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
20-Dec Zechariah 1-2, Galatians 3-4, Psalms 116-120, Proverbs 20
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down