Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Go down

12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3 Empty 12/05 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am

5-Dec Joel 1-3, 1 Cor. 3-4, Psalms 41-45, Proverbs 5

In today's reading of Joel 1-3, Joel is about to reveal what HAS happened in God's land because of the Israelites stubborn refusal to come back to the Lord and walk in faithfulness and obedience to Him.  This book will ring very true for all who read, and you will notice the similarities of the world we live in today - as America is winding down into seizure by a very strong enemy.  The similarities are astounding and down right scary to say the least.

Joel 1:5 (NIV) Wake up, you drunkards, and weep! Wail, all you drinkers of wine; wail because of the new wine, for it has been snatched from your lips.

Joel makes a good point for us to take note of.  The drunkards and those who like their wine are going to wail - because of the new wine that is taken away from them.  There is a theme in the Bible that talks about old wine and new wine, and God's movement always represents of the new wine.  There is a huge danger to the "Joel-ites" that if they keep getting drunk on wine, that the new wine will be taken from them.  Drinking too much wine can cause a person become delusional, non productive, and unable to walk a straight path.  This is a dangerous state to be in as a "believer", and I'm not talking about natural wine, but about the wine of God's movement.  

People who like wine (or God's movement) will fall in love with a certain brand, color, taste, denomination, preaching style, etc.  They will drink it until the cows come home because they have acquired a taste for it.  It's their first choice, and they will drink with the best of them, drinking many under the table.  BUT drinking the wine of God's movement is not about getting drunk.  It's about nutrition, "a little for the stomach's sake", and to be consumed during fellowship and communion with one another and the Spirit of the Lord.  Getting drunk and gorging on God's move is SELFISH and RELIGIOUS and has little to do with anyone other than the drinker.  Amazingly, God rips the wine away from the drunkards in the day of judgment.

Jesus had something to say about wine.

Luke 5:37-39 (NIV) 37 And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. 38 No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. 39 And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.'"

This scripture scares me and puts the fear of God into me every time I read it.  First, I know that an old wineskin will NEVER receive the new, fresh, vibrant move of God because it will destroy the wineskin and cause the new wine to be lost.  God is looking for a NEW WINESKIN to put the new wine in.  What is a new wineskin?
"
My spiritual father said something profound to me.  He said, "That new wineskin was running around on the hills, living it's own happy life, and eating grass not long ago!"  A new wineskin requires the death of a sheep, which creates a container for God's fresh new move.  This is God's calling to you and I to become a living sacrifice, and to NOT be filled with wine in excess but to be filled with the Holy Spirit!

The last part of Jesus' wine comment also scares me.  No one who drinks the old wine will want the new wine, because he believes that the old is better.  This is true of so many believers who lock themselves into an old wineskin movement.  They buckle down with a "past movement" denomination, or the plant their tent stakes into a body of people who experienced a move of God in the past.  Jesus says that once you drink the wine, you will be tempted to stay there and never leave.  You will believe that the old is better.  You will have acquired the taste of that wine.

But a believer with a noble heart will move out past his own taste and desire, and will become a living sacrifice for the kingdom of God.  This qualifies you to become a container for the new wine movement of the Holy Spirit - for this present day.  I want to encourage you to lay down your own life, give yourself to become a wineskin for God, one that has no say of your own any longer.  Allow God to fill you and take you to those that need His new wine movement.  Then you will be that person spoken of:  "He used to run around on the hills with a life of his own, eating grass and having fun.  But now he is a wineskin that carries God's kingdom to others."

This wine is not your favorite. But you are only the container. It will be others who drink this wine as you become a living sacrifice for God's Kingdom!

So the selfish drunkard Christian will have the wine ripped from his mouth during the day of judgment and reckoning. But the sacrificial believer will be a holder of the new wine movement of God. While he/she will not drink his personal favorite, he/she will serve others who will taste God's goodness, His Kingdom, and His everlasting love through the born again experience in Jesus!   king sunny  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
6-Dec Amos 1-2, 1 Cor. 5-6, Psalms 46-50, Proverbs 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down