Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

09/22 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

09/22 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 pm

22-Sep Isaiah 49-50, Rev. 11-12, Psalms 121-125, Proverbs 22

Proverbs 22:3 (NIV) A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.

One great trait of a kingdom person is that they are always looking out for trouble. They do their best to stay away from trouble, to diffuse troubling situations, and to help others out of trouble. Trouble is not a place that kingdom people want to live in or spend time in. Kingdom people are looking for peace, they promote peace, and they are peace makers who are blessed by God. This requires a person to walk out of the simple life, and to learn the concepts of life, godliness and working with other human beings at your job, school, in business, family, etc.

If you live a life of peace and commit yourself to always forgive, always love, always diffuse a hostile situation and always pay whatever price it takes to keep the peace, you will walk in an additional layer of safety. The devil will not be able to bring situations to you that will ensnare you, inflame you and agitate you. He will not even try because you are a peace maker. Peace making is a complex lifestyle. It requires alot of practice and training, and death to self. It's much easier to be a simple person and not exercise yourself to become a peace maker. But in the end, the lazy, easy going simple person will fall into horrible calamity at the wrong time, and God says He will laugh at your calamity. What? Yes, it's true. Read Proverbs 1:22 - 33.

Proverbs 1:22-33 (NIV) 22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? 23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you. 24 But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, 25 since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, 26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you-- 27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. 28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. 29 Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD, 30 since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, 31 they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. 32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; 33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."

It's easy to see that living the easy life is also a life that refuses to listen to God's instruction. It hates God's knowledge. It ignores His advice and does not accept His rebuke. Therefore, the easy life is the road to great trouble, but the way of instruction requires discipline, obedience and a heart to learn from God, accepting His instruction, guidance, wisdom and correction. The easy life doesn't turn out so easy in the end when you're laying flat in the ditch looking up, and even God is laughing at you. I never want to be that person.

Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV) 4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Tomorrow's Reading:
23-Sep Isaiah 51-52, Rev. 13-14, Psalms 126-130, Proverbs 23

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down