Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

09/16 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

09/16 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:13 am

16-Sep Isaiah 37-38, Jude Psalms 91-95, Proverbs 16

The great PSALM 91 promise of protection!  I have copied the Psalm below from the Message Bible. I want to key in on OUR responsibility this morning. If we live responsibly, the miraculous power and protection of God will come upon us and keep us from all harm. His protection for you can also extend to unbelieving spouses, parents and children!  I and my family are personal witness to this miraculous protection through multiple encounters with the Holy Spirit that saved our lives.  From a sure highway crash that was averted through translating our vehicle, to encounters in Africa with a green mamba, crocodile and great white shark, to a vicious ferdilance strike on my son where angels protected him from being bitten.  On and on the encounters prove that our mighty God is with us and fulfills His promises. Not because we are perfect. Far from it! But because we have chosen to live in the secret place, the shelter of the Most High, the House of God!  And you can have this too.

Psalm 91:1-16 (GW) 1  Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High will remain in the shadow of the Almighty.

Notice that verse 1 says WHOEVER LIVES UNDER THE SHELTER OF THE MOST HIGH.  We must choose to live under his shelter.  This means that we live and choose as Jesus would in every area of life.  We must inquire of Him when making decisions that will alter our future and the futures of others.  Where will I work? How will I treat people, friends, enemies, my boss and family? How do I handle anger, grief, despair, depression, humiliation, triumph, and strong emotions?  HOW you act will determine whether you are living in the shelter of God or not.  Actions prove love and honor of God, or dishonor and living for self in a selfish world.  James says to show me your faith by action, not by words alone.  Action is the key.  Consider your actions to make sure that they are keeping you UNDER the shelter of the Most High God, and allowing you to remain IN the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1-16 (GW) 9  You, O LORD, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your home.

By choice and action we have made the Lord my REFUGE and HOME.  We are close to Him. So close that He IS our home. We live with Him and in Him. We communicate with Him and He hears us.  We love, honor and respect Him, and we do our best to abide by the rules of His home.  We stand with Him on all issues both great and small.  We are thankful to Him for the life He has offered us. Honor abounds in our lives in the way we live with Him, and in how we treat others. We bring Him into every restaurant, shopping mall, our job place and into every human encounter we have on earth.  We are family.

My friend. This is the goal of Psalm 91.  If you feel that you are not this close to Jesus but you have a desire to draw near, then take action.  Speak to Him regularly and listen for His response.  Seek Him and His kingdom daily.  Read the Bible every day and listen to what He is trying to tell you.  Activate His Word in your daily living.  Be sensitive towards Him.  Obey Him and the voice of the Holy Spirit when He speaks to You.  These actions will draw you in near, under His wings of protection. You will realize that you are living IN HIM.  This is when you will know for sure that His promises surround you and Psalm 91 is yours for sure!

Psalm 91:1-16 (GW) 14  Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name.

Because you love Him...  How do we love Him? Choose some ways to honor Him as your God, your King, your personal Lord, and your best friend.  God rescues those that love Him - period!  And because you know His name, He will protect you. Call on His name when you need Him, and when you are bragging to others about Him. He is right there with you. He is your protector. king king king

Psalm 91:1-16 (GW)
1  Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High will remain in the shadow of the Almighty.
2  I will say to the LORD, “{You are} my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”
3  He is the one who will rescue you from hunters' traps and from deadly plagues.
4  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor.
5  You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day,
6  plagues that roam the dark, epidemics that strike at noon.
7  They will not come near you, even though a thousand may fall dead beside you or ten thousand at your right side.
8  You only have to look with your eyes to see the punishment of wicked people.
9  You, O LORD, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your home.
10  No harm will come to you. No sickness will come near your house.
11  He will put his angels in charge of you to protect you in all your ways.
12  They will carry you in their hands so that you never hit your foot against a rock.
13  You will step on lions and cobras. You will trample young lions and snakes.
14  Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name.
15  When you call to me, I will answer you. I will be with you when you are in trouble. I will save you and honor you.
16  I will satisfy you with a long life. I will show you how I will save you.
-----------------------

Tomorrow's Reading:
17-Sep Isaiah 39-40, Revelations 1-2, Psalms 96-100, Proverbs 17

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down