Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

08/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

08/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 am

28-Aug Song Of Songs 7-8, Hebrews 1-2, Psalms 146-150, Proverbs 28

Proverbs 28:19 (NIV)  He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.

There is a difference between being a dreamer and being a dream fulfiller (or doer). The difference? Hard work.  It's one thing to have a dream, but to actualize it, to manifest it, and to make it appear on earth takes initiative, action, faith and putting the gloves on to build it.  This needs to happen every day, week, month and year, consistently.

We all have areas in our lives where we can see the dream opportunity. But just to SEE IT does not mean you're going to achieve it.  Case in point:  One of my personal weaknesses is daily exercise just for the point of exercise.  Give me a competitive sport and I'm all in. But just to walk around the neighborhood for the sake of getting my blood flow going, I have always struggled with that.  I need to do it. But I just don't. It's a great weakness of mine.

I remember one day being on a speed boat with friends. Everyone was skiing and having a blast. I used to ski too when I was young, playing baseball, football, basketball and performing rock concerts. I was in shape, and I was pretty good. I could ski. But not this time. Ten years had gone by, I was totally out of shape and hadn't really exercised in 10 years. And it was now my turn to ski.  I tried and tried, and they could not pull me up out of the water. And what was worse, my arms weren't strong enough to hold on until I was finally up. Over and over I tried. In my mind I was skiing. But in reality, I was an out of shape overweight goofball flailing in the water.  I finally re-entered the boat in disgrace, unable to ski that day. What a waste of everyone's time and energy.  I could see myself skiing in my mind, but I had taken NO ACTION to make sure that I could do it when the day of testing came.  This is the difference between being a dreamer and being a performer of the dream.

Today, what is your dream? Are you filtered and focused? Have you set an action plan this week, month and year to move towards your dream every day? In essence, are you exercising and preparing for the dream? Are you building something, or just rehearsing in your mind how great that day will be?  I challenge you to get off the proverbial couch and start building the dream. Do something every day.  

You know, 25 push-ups for 30 days before that ski day would have made all the difference in the world between my success and failure.  But that day, I would only be an excellent skier in my mind, but not in anyone else's.

James 1:23-25 (NIV)  Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

Just DO it! DO the word, which is the dream of God for your life.  king king king

Tomorrow's Reading:
29-Aug Isaiah 1-2, Hebrews 3-4, Psalms 1-5, Proverbs 29

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down