Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Go down

05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves Empty 05/26 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin Mon May 26, 2014 5:35 am

26-May 1 Kings 11-12, Matthew 21-22, Psalms 126-130, Proverbs 26

1 Kings 11:9-11 (NIV) 9 The LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD's command. 11 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates.

Being the wisest man on earth cannot save you from your wicked heart. In Solomon's case, he loved foreign women. These women came from lands who worshipped foreign gods, and God had commanded His people not to intermingle with these women. He knew that the merging of these nations would cause His people to turn away from Him to serve the false gods and images of those other people. Love is an amazing thing, and if it's unrestrained, it can cause loss of a person's entire inheritance!

When A Man Loves A Woman! (Bette Midler song in 1980, written in 1966)
When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For a good thing he's found
If she is bad, he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend (and even God - note by Daniel)
If he puts her down

This song tells it the way it is. Love is so strong in a person that they will end up selling all to fulfill that feeling, UNLESS the person is disciplined and lives within the boundaries that God has given for love. Solomon's love jumped the fence and loved foreign women that were off limits to him. This undisciplined love cost him the kingdom. The alternative would have been to restrain love for the sake of God and keep his heart inside the fence of Israel. In today's terms, we would say:

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (NIV) 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." 17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

COMPASS GUIDE STUDENTS, in order to succeed in receiving the dream of God and living in the third dimension of His inheritance, we MUST restrain and direct LOVE with strong discipline. Love will blind you and lead you astray IF you allow it to take over your mental territory. From the mental, unrestrained love will infect your spirit, your body, your finances, your family, your education, your vocation, and your social life. Unrestrained love will dominate and lead your whole being into slavery if you allow it to live unrestrained.

The people of God have suffered from the beginning of time from unrestrained love. They have been led by love instead of directing their love within the boundaries of God.

Jeremiah 14:10 (NIV) This is what the LORD says about this people: "They greatly love to wander; they do not restrain their feet. So the LORD does not accept them; he will now remember their wickedness and punish them for their sins."

As a New Testament follower of Christ, we are simply NOT allowed to intermingle our love with non believers - period. There is no fellowship or godly inheritance between light and darkness, Jehovah and Belial, etc. Therefore, simply DON'T allow love to stray to the world of unbelief. It would be better to live a celibate life of never finding someone to love, than to love the wrong person. I have told youth for decades the same thing that I was taught by my mentors:

"You can fall in love with a million people on planet earth. But there is only one that you are supposed to spend your life with." I absolutely believe this. Drop a man out over the lands of Ethiopia with a parachute (for 20 years) and he will fall in love with an Ethiopian woman or (two or three or ten). Drop a woman out over the lands of Australia for 20 years and she will fall in love with an Australian (or two, or ten). Love is blind and love is the strongest force for a person to direct and bring under strong discipline.

Keeping yourself from the horrible outcomes of "love gone wild" will allow you to see, possess, and then keep your inheritance. Make a strong note in your COMPASS GUIDE Life Planning Notebook that love must be contained and restrained within the territory called MENTAL. Love is a wild emotion. Chain it! Restrain it! Don't allow it to speak, unless it speaks through the Word of God. In other words, if you think you're falling in love with someone, realize that you are about to make some key, critical decisions that will forever alter the course of your life. Before you unleash the powers of love, make sure that the person you are considering is a believer and follower of Christ, that they love Jesus more than you do, and that they are the perfect companion which you need to fulfill the 8 territories of your life. Make sure that God is giving this person to you as a life partner so the two of you can become more powerful in Christ, than you could ever be individually. Once you know for sure that this person fits God's plan, then unleash love and enjoy the ride! But the moment love is unleashed, you will become blinded by that love. Because you will have chosen correctly within the boundaries of God's word and command, you will be safe from harm and deception, and your inheritance will be safe from theft and destruction.

Tomorrow's Reading:
27-May 1 Kings 13-1,4 Matthew 23-24, Psalms 131-135, Proverbs 27
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down