Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Eclipse October 14, 2023 And It's Spiritual Significance
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:29 am by Admin

» 10/10 Daily Reading & Comments By Dr. Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:07 am by Admin

» 10/30 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm by Admin

» 10/29 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm by Admin

» 10/28 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm by Admin

» 10/27 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 pm by Admin

» 10/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm by Admin

» 10/25 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm by Admin

» 10/24 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves
04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 pm by Admin

04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

Go down

04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments Empty 04/02 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

Post by Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:09 pm

2-Apr Joshua 5-6 Colossians 3-4 Psalms 6-10 Proverbs 2

Josh 5:10-12 (NIV)10 On the evening of the fourteenth day of the month, while camped at Gilgal on the plains of Jericho, the Israelites celebrated the Passover. 11 The day after the Passover, that very day, they ate some of the produce of the land: unleavened bread and roasted grain. 12 The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate of the produce of Canaan.

There is a marked difference for a follower of Christ between the days of eating manna which God provides, and eating food from the land of Canaan.  The Israelites crossed over, fully armed and prepared for war to inherit the land that God had promised for generations.  Finally there was a generation of faith that said, "We can surely take this land, and these giants will be as bread for us to eat!".  This generation is ready to follow Joshua wholeheartedly.

The moment the Israelites crossed over and prepared for war, the manna ceased and they began eating from the fields of promise.  This is absolutely true for us as believers and followers of Christ.  When a person is born again, there is a special grace of God that comes upon that baby believer.  Manna comes to a new believer to give them nutrition, strength, and to show God's supernatural hand of blessing.  But once a believer grows in their faith, it's time to take the land of promise that God has put in front of him or her.

Unfortunately, so many believers stay in the wilderness their entire lives.  They eat manna until the day of their deaths.  For many, their leaders have never entered into the land of promise, and they cannot go any further than their wilderness dwelling leaders.  For others, they are rebellious and cannot enter the land due to unwillingness to follow Christ in obedience.

The Hebrew word MANNA literally meant "WHAT IS IT".  The Israelites ate "What Is It" for 40 years in the desert until an entire rebellious generation died off.  That generation never figured out "What Is It".  If they ever would have figured out the secret of what they were eating, they could have entered the land of promise.

John 6:35-38 (NIV) 35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Jesus is the manna from Heaven, and if we ever figure out that He has come to do the will of God, then we will also be ready to do the will of God because Jesus lives inside of us.

COMPASS GUIDE takes a believer from a wilderness dweller to a king who knows "What Is It".  It helps to determine who Jesus is inside of you, and what God has called you to be in this life.  Once you know where God is calling you, then you will know the land of promise that God is calling you to inherit.  Once you can see and perceive it, you can have it.

Do you know what God wants you to inherit in this life, and in this world?  We already know that we're going to Heaven.  But do you know what your lot in life is here in this dimension?  It's time to find out for yourself.  Most people on planet earth will never know their destiny, and they will go to their graves without fulfilling God's ultimate purpose and plan for their lives.  But we are not part of that 90% crowd.  We are part of the 10% who has overcome, who has figured out WHAT IS IT, and who has set a target to inherit our personal land of promise.  We shall eat the fruit from the land that we are inheriting, just as soon as we know what that land is.  sunny  sunny  sunny

Tomorrow's Reading:
3-Apr Joshua 7-8 1 Thess. 1-2 Psalms 11-15 Proverbs 3
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down